It's no secret that high volumes of people are usually recorded at South Africa's borders with Mozambique during the festive season. As a result, the Department of Home Affairs is set to extend the operational hours at the land border crossings to help avoid delays during the period of 4 December 2019 to 13 January 2020.
Furthermore, the Department of Home Affairs, the South African Polica Services (SAPS), and the South African Revenue Services (SARS) will deploy additional officials at selected points of entry during the holiday season.
EXTENDED BORDER HOURS
- Lebombo - current hours of 06:00 to 00:00 will be extended to 24 hours from 13 December 2019 - 13 January 2020.
- Mananga - current hours of 07:00 to 18:00 will be extended to 07:00 to 20:00 from 21 December 2019 - 24 December 2019.
- Jeppe's Reef - current hours of 07:00 to 20:00 will be extended to 07:00 to 22:00 from 21 December 2019 - 24 December 2019.
- Oshoek - current hours of 07:00 to 00:00 will be extended to 24 hours from 19 December 2019 - 21 December 2019.
- Mahamba - current hours of 07:00 to 22:00 will be extended to 07:00 - 00:00 on 21 December 2019 and 24 December 2019.
- Kosi Bay - current hours of 08:00 to 17:00 will be extended to 06:00 to 20:00 from 13 December 2019 - 9 January 2020.
Ensure that you have all your travel documentation in order if you are entering or leaving South Africa during the festive season to help prevent unnecessary delays at the border crossings. This includes passports, visas, health certificates, permits for specified goods, vehicle insurance, and bank authorized cross-border documents for vehicles.